The word "Doula" is an ancient Greek word meaning "woman servant."
Are you ready to set up your Birth Consultation?
Emily’s In-Person Birth Doula services include but are not limited to:
- Your initial consultation* will be about 1-1.5 hours during which we will go over your client intake form and talk about any questions that you may have before making a decision to contract with Emily. This can be in person or virtual. *Your consultation fee will be applied to your doula service fee if you decide to contract with Emily.
- A minimum of 1 prenatal visit with your care provider, if you choose
- Unlimited phone, text, and e-mail support from the time you hire Emily
- 24/7 on-call availability
- Help developing your Birth Preferences document and deciding what you want to include in it.
- Support for your Birth Partner or team including tips on how they can best support you.
- Continuous home / birth center / hospital labor support and comfort measures: rebozo, massage, labor positioning and movement.
- Use of a CUB, and TENs unit (which is magic on back labor!)
- Emily will stay at least 1-2 hours immediately post birth, including help with breastfeeding, if desired
- Available as a sounding board in the postpartum period and on -- at no additional cost to you
- Optional photographs and / or video when time permits --however, mother and baby are Emily’s first priority!
- 1 postpartum visit in your home or hospital after your birth, at a time of mutual agreement by either myself or one of my postpartum partners.
- Full access to "Memmy's Mommas" - a closed, private Facebook group for support and encouragement, information and activities